Home Forums 2021 SkiAmmy’s Most Outstanding Senior Male

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

What male senior made a huge impact on their team this past year? Maybe they posted impressive scores, helped grow their team, or did something else to leave a positive lasting effect for the MCWSA!

Let us know your nomination below!

Mandy LawsonMandy Lawson
    Participant

Daniel Murdy,

To give a little bit of backstory I was a freshman on the Missouri State Ski team this year and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. For unforeseen circumstances, I became president right before the fall showdown tournament, Dan was the most influential helper I could ask for. Any time I had a question about what a team should do, or how to do anything on the USA waterski site. He helped me without question. Dan has worked hard to support the UNL ski team and grow it as much as he has, he is most deserving of this “Most outstanding senior male” position.

Allison HinrichsAllison Hinrichs
    Participant

We all know him, the man, the myth, the one who just cut off his mullet, Daniel Murdy. Not only is Dan successful on the water, but he never stops putting in work for our team. A leader with more knowledge about skiing and boats than anyone ever needs to know. The go-to man for any question great or small, and is consistently reached out to by not only by teammates but others also in and out of our Region. Daniel ran the Nebraska Ski Team as President for 2 years and was Great Plains Chairman for another 2 years. Our team wouldn’t be the same without the incredible amount of work that he has put into this club day in and day out! Thank you so much Dan!

Anjelica WerningAnjelica Werning
    Participant

Casey Plemback – WMU

Joey GilroyJoey Gilroy
    Participant

Evan Dolley — University of Dayton

Evan has done some incredible things over the past year as Dayton’s president. Two years ago, Dayton was poised to make a push to regionals. Their best skiers took a “red-shirt” year to save eligibility and take a strong team to Decatur, IL. Covid derailed that plan and could have easily hurt the team long term. Instead, Evan was able to secure new boat use and lake time for his team, and grow his traditionally small team to over 30 members in just one year. Evan’s right combination of fun attitude and competitive mindset has helped Dayton become one of the largest teams in the Midwest and hopefully his example will help his team continue to grow.

Allie KutschAllie Kutsch
    Participant

I nominate Ridge Vanderhei from UW-Madison.
    Ridge was a huge reason why the team was in a solid financial place to be able to upgrade our boat this past season. Since he became treasurer in 2019, he has worked to increase our savings to be able to have a cushion for situations such as our boat’s engine seizing and needing to be replaced (perfect timing). Without his contribution these last two years, our team would not have had the funds to fix the engine on our boat. Ridge has had a forever impact on the Madison ski team, as his push to start saving financially will ensure longevity of the team for years to come.

Anna PriorAnna Prior
    Participant

Luke “Sclam” Sclamberg- OSU!

Luke is the definition of an outstanding senior. Luke was a 2-time captain, as well as an important member of A team for all three events. He is responsible, reliable, and always there to cheer someone up on a rough day. Over his 4.5 years on the team, Sclam has spent tons of hours at the lake, coaching and helping with maintenance. The team would not be the same without him! His positive attitude was hugely important this season during tense or stressful moments. He was the first one up in the mornings, and stayed dock-side for every single skier well past 10 pm sometimes to make sure all skiers, not just OSU, had a captain sending them off the dock. Luke is one of the most dedicated skiers on the team as well, practicing all summer and competing in AWSA tournament to make his jumping more consistent. Luke is outstanding in every way!

Cate ZieglerCate Ziegler
    Participant

Luke Sclamberg- OSU

I would like to second Anna’s nomination for Luke. I worked alongside Luke this past seasons as captain, and I have never met a more supportive teammate. Luke NEVER failed to be on the dock, not only for all the male skiers, but also female skiers. As women’s captain, I was never on the dock alone as Luke was always cheering the skier on right along next to me. He led our team in cheers, was without fail the first person to sprint to pick the skier up, and celebrated everyone’s victories like they were his own. Luke also put in endless hours working to make sure that eligibility letters and skier entries were perfect, and I can’t imagine our team without his dedication. Luke served as Men’s captain on our team for two years, and then before that he served as Secretary, contributing to our team on a bigger scale for many years. On the water, Luke worked hard to improve his jumping especially, two years ago joining the century club. Our team will not be the same without Luke after his incredible 4.5 year contribution to our team, and I can not think of someone more deserving of this award.

Daniel MurdyDaniel Murdy
    Participant

Ben Smogard

Great overall skier, leader, and friend: Multiple podiums for overall and jump, including at regionals; UW Madison captain, Swerve WaterSports Coach; all-around reliable Wisconsin man ready to greet you with a hug and a pack of Spotted Cow. A very deserving nominee for most outstanding (super) senior!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 SkiAmmy’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.