Camp Walt Whitman
- Description: Do you want to feel the joy of being on the water? Do you want to have the opportunity to go Waterskiing daily? Then Camp Walt Whitman is the place for you! Camp Walt Whitman is seeking Wakeboard Instructors for Summer 2022. The Wakeboard staff will work to instruct campers in Waterskiing, Wakeboarding, Slalom, and Knee-Boarding on the beautiful Lake Tarleton. We are looking for positive, talented staff members who can teach children aged 7-15 the ins and outs of experiencing the best of what Wakeboarding has to offer. The Wakeboarding staff will work as a part of a small team and spend most of their days out on the lake. As with all potentially dangerous program activities, safety is first. Key skills include positively motivating hesitant campers, clear instruction, responsible use of vans and ski-boats, and excellent judgment regarding weather conditions and general safety. You will also partake in weekly “intensive water-ski” sessions that happen off-site on the amazing Newfound Lake.
- Dates: June 9- August 12 (with some flexibility)
- Salary: Competitive salary, travel stipend, room and board provided
- What will you Gain: Communication, time management, teamwork, creativity, flexibility, work ethic, adaptability, flexibility, interpersonal skills, problem solving, independence, initiative, and much more!
- About Camp Walt Whitman: Camp Walt Whitman is a premier, co-ed, traditional sleep-away camp located in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire. With over 400 campers and 200 staff, Camp Walt Whitman is an incredible place to meet people from all over the world in a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community. We work together to provide our campers with a positive and powerful experience that will last a lifetime, all while having a ton of fun and gaining valuable skills in leadership and communication along the way.
- How to Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will get the opportunity to develop tangible skills in leadership, critical thinking, organization, and teamwork in a very cool outdoor environment. Iroquois Springs will help you grow and develop as you prepare for your future career. Learn so much more than at an uninspiring internship.How can I learn these skills working with children?
Every day of the summer you will be leading a group of children from morning till night through all the fun activities camp has to offer. Throughout this time, you will need to think outside the box, be creative and connect with your campers making sure that they are having an amazing experience. A true chance to be a Difference Maker in the lives of other people all while having FUN yourself!
Positions Up for Grabs:
Watersports Staff: Waterskiing, Wakeboarding, Kneeboarding, Tubing, Boat driving,
Iroquois Springs is looking for dynamic watersports instructors to teach waterskiing/wakeboarding to our campers. If you love watersports, why not teach what you love? Come join our team and work on our lake all summer!
· Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-13 children and with 2 co-counselors.
· Provides quality instruction in your specialized program area. -watersports
· Will provide age-specific activities that represent the age of the campers you are working with.
· To be a great role model to all campers you interact with in your program area.
· Will be creative and innovative in keeping your program area fresh and exciting.
If you are a fun, motivated, and selfless person looking to have the most amazing summer, then Iroquois Springs is looking for you. Located only 90 minutes north of NYC, Iroquois Springs is a summer at camp that is truly special as you make strong connections with your campers and fellow staff, all whilst having fun outdoors as part of an incredible community! Come be a Difference Maker this summer!
- Dates: June 9 – Aug 5
- Salary: $2300, $400 Travel Reimbursement, Room & Board Included.
- Check out the Iroquois Springs website to learn more!
- How to Apply: Email lindsay.goldberg@