Home Forums 2021 SkiAmmy’s Most Outstanding Senior Female

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

What female senior made a huge impact on their team this past year? Maybe they posted impressive scores, helped grow their team, or did something else to leave a positive lasting effect for the MCWSA!

Let us know your nomination below!

Laney PetersonLaney Peterson
    Participant

Danielle Eriksson-
    She has been a key leader on the La Crosse team. She is so amazing at making people feel welcome. She can boot it off the ramp and she can get tricky with it too. Going to miss her.

Allie KutschAllie Kutsch
    Participant

I nominate Lilian Schober from Marquette.
    She coordinated practice days with an alumni for groups of potential members to try out waterskiing. Having had numerous board members drop out, Lili absorbed the roles as president and did all the positions effortlessly. There is no way this team would have grown as significantly as it did in the last season without Lili’s hard work and dedication to expanding the team. It has been an absolute honor to be able to work and ski with Lili this season and I can think no one more worthy of the award then her.

Anna PriorAnna Prior
    Participant

Marge Pilkington – Miami

Marge is absolutely outstanding! She is not only a leader for Miami, but for the whole Great Lakes conference. Everyone looks up to her skiing ability, leadership, and organizational skills. As chair I had the pleasure of working with all the captains, and Marge was always the first to step up to volunteer when I needed help with something, and was often times one-step ahead of me and already knew what needed to get done. Marge lead her team on the water and dock as Women’s captain, as well as lead by example by helping judge in the boat and dock start. Southern ohio challenge, which is at Miami’s site, was a big success thanks to Miami and Marge’s leadership. Skiing wise, Marge has improved a ton over her time in school, and even podiumed at conference in jump! Marge is outstanding in every way and will be missed so much!

Cate ZieglerCate Ziegler
    Participant

ANNA PRIOR- OSU!

Anna has been SUCH a huge contributor to our team these past 4.5 years on and off the water, and our team will most definitely not be the same without her next year. Anna excelled in all three events, skiing as our 5th round skier in all events this past season, and this is a testament to all the hard work she put in over the years. She worked many summers at Bennett’s, spending endless hours working hard to improve her skiing. She served as our president last year during COVID, and she put in so much effort to recruit new members and make things possible for our team despite the circumstances. In my time on this team, Anna has been such an influential role model to me. Not only is she an absolute BEAST on the water, but she is an incredibly kind and supportive teammate and friend. Anna never failed to bring SO much joy to others, cheer her teammates on, drive teammates behind the boat for hours when needed, and provide endless advice. Additionally, Anna fearlessly served as Great Lakes Chairwoman this past season and was so helpful to us captains and team leaders in navigating the season. I also admired the endless amount of people from other teams who adored her. Anna is incredibly deserving of this award, not only for her impact on our team but on collegiate waterskiing as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 SkiAmmy’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.