Home Forums 2021 SkiAmmy’s Most Likely To Hit The Side Curtain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

The precision required to jump into the century club means that any error can be disastrous. A popular saying among collegiate skiers is “One for the team. One for yourself. And one for the hospital.”

Who took this to heart and had some of the scariest jumps this year? Videos and photos highly recommended!

Amanda RoseAmanda Rose
    Participant

Brett Goodman

Mandy LawsonMandy Lawson
    Participant

Jamie Disterhaupt,
    While just starting jumping this season Jamie has conquered her fear of making the ramp. I have watched her jump many times and seen improvements. I feel like it has to happen once to each skier and It won’t be long until she gets to meet the side curtain.

Joey GilroyJoey Gilroy
    Participant

Joey Gilroy — University of Akron

While I don’t really like nominating myself, I honestly think that my last jumps at GL Conferences are worth talking about for this category. I was my team’s last jumper of the tournament and we needed at least an 85ft jump to secure going to regionals, my PB is 61ft set the week before. Knowing what my team needed, I did what any self-respecting collegiate jumper would do in that situation. I learned how to 3/4 on the dock 2 minutes before it was my turn to jump, I warned the boat crew, my teammates warned the shore, and I sent it. We did not make regionals.

Here’s the video, it’s worth listening to the audio to hear what the shore was like that day: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ESTgNR-rwBNz8QWfZzeUPOsa1Hsrj_X/view?usp=sharing

Allie KutschAllie Kutsch
    Participant

I nominate Charlie Brimacombe from UW-Madison
    At Regionals this year, Charlie was our second round skier. After some delays due to technical difficulties, and a few throw-ups over the side of the boat, Charlie full sent his first 3/4 split and landed it, beating his previous PB (74) by 18ft (new PB of 92). This inspired full sends from the rest of our men jumpers, and brought our scores to the top to help us win Regionals for the first time in years.

Lauren BacalLauren Bacal
    Participant

I nominate Isaac Moothart from University of Michigan
    At Regionals this year, Isaac was one of our jumpers and had the best crash of the season for our team. When Isaac jumped, he ended up doing almost a full 360 off the ramp after completely full sending it. However, in his jump after his crash he managed to land a PB of 72 feet which makes him our sendiest jumper. I’m attaching the video below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZRpWHqtx4OEuyGFKNANR5U_FaZumAiur/view?usp=sharing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 SkiAmmy’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.