Home Forums 2023 SkiAmmys Most Likely To Go Pro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

Who is most likely to continue skiing at the highest caliber of the sport and join the professional ski circuit post-college?

Leah LindemeyerLeah Lindemeyer
    Participant

Aidan Hughes- This season he tied the collegiate regional record in trick that was set in 2006 with a score of 4,310 points. Aidan has put in a lot of time to water skiing to master the different tricks (slide slides and everything). Also, he officially joined the century club this season! The focus he has before skiing shows how serious he is about the sport and how much he wants to do well for the team.

Rachel BellRachel Bell
    Participant

Mary Nelson has waterski in her blood. Ever since Mary was young, her life has been waterskiing. She grew up in the waterski world and carried it through college. She is a ski baby. She has always brought a supportive world into Miami Waterski’s lifestyle. Mary has set multiple records for Miami University. Nelson’s numerical achievements display her exceptional talent and dedication, a stellar performance of 2@34 mph (32 off) in slalom, a trick score of 940 points, and an outstanding jump of 62 feet. These remarkable accomplishments have propelled Miami to a historic tie for their best finish in team history. Mary holds the record for Salolm and Jump for women and 2nd in women’s trick. Mary has shown Miami what she can do and now only has to show others.

Rachel BellRachel Bell
    Participant

Mason Letcher breathes, sleeps, and eats waterskiing. He has been a contributing member of the A team since his freshman year. He was a ski baby, as we call it, and has been in waterski tournaments his whole life. In his senior year, Mason earned a spot in the Century Club, achieving an impressive 102-foot jump that secured him a noteworthy 3rd place in the Miami Waterski Records. His skill extends beyond jumping. He shows other skills from his 2nd place position in the Miami waterski slalom record, accomplishing two buoys at 36 mph 35 off. He has been a successful skier and could make it big.

Parker WorleyParker Worley
    Participant

I mean Emily O’Connor is the corn queen… what else can’t she do.

Ella McCrumbElla McCrumb
    Participant

Aidan Hughes
    Aidan has said it himself, his “life is waterskiing” (yes that’s a direct quote). Aidan’s attitude toward skiing is the most professional and dedicated out of anyone I’ve ever seen at a tournament. His whole world is skiing and taking care of his dog. His talent on the water speaks for itself so I thought more about his character would help voters get the idea about how seriously his love for skiing goes. He is the best trick skier at most all of the tournaments I have attended and he does it humbly and quietly. The thing that makes him seem most “pro-like” is how he has to be alone before his trick run because he needs to get into his zone. I mean if that doesn’t scream professional, I don’t know what does. He won’t say it, but I will: He’s all that.

Cal O'CallaghanCal O’Callaghan
    Participant

I have to give this nomination to Sam Tasche! After a phenomenal senior season in all three events, Sam graduated and promptly moved to Japan to be a professional waterskier. Anyone who knows Sam will tell you that he lives and breathes waterskiing, be it show skiing or three event, and he will do just about anything for another 5 minutes on the lake. Safe to say, we were all incredibly proud and incredibly unsurprised when he announced his plans for post-grad, because if anyone was going to go pro, it was going to be him. He has a passion for the sport in every form it takes, and we can’t wait to watch him fly in his professional career.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.