Home Forums 2021 SkiAmmy’s Kiedrowski Award (Most Supportive Skier)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

What skier has been the most supportive over the past year? Maybe they helped carry jumpers down the lake for every skier on your team. Or possibly helped coach and drive practice all season?

Be sure to tell us why you think your nomination should be selected!

Brayden PattonBrayden Patton
    Participant

Jacob Wallace

Jacob Wallace, known by most as “Wallace” is one of the most supportive skiers that I have met. Wallace is always going out of his way to improve the sport and make sure others are feeling positive no matter if it is at a tournament, practice, or school. Wallace has been know for dropping everything that he is doing just to give someone without a car a ride to the lake for additional practice when he doesnt even get water time. Wallace is known for making countless sacrifices for people across the sport.

Joey GilroyJoey Gilroy
    Participant

Cyrus Bradford — University of Akron

Cyrus was a freshman this year for our team, and he was one of the highlights of the year! He was always happy to help people with equipment, hype them up on the dock, and film skiers while they were on the water. Not to understate Cryus’ impact at the tournaments themselves, but while he volunteered to do everything for the team he did have one condition. At the first tournament he said that he’d be happy to help out as much as he could on the condition that we LET him drive everyone to dinner all season. Cyrus Bradford may be the first skier in the history of the Midwest to make driving their team to and from dinner a reward for doing extra stuff around tournaments, and he was a blast to have around the entire time.

Allie KutschAllie Kutsch
    Participant

Devin Mulrooney – UW-Madison
    As a junior, Devin was new to the world of 3 event skiing this season. I have never met someone so driven to make everyone feel special. Each tournament, you could expect to see him on the dock with music pumping anyone up regardless of the team or ability. It was incredible to see members instantly become more comfortable and less nervous when he was around. Devin initiated many of the team runs to our skier and managed to get skiers to laugh or smile even when they hadn’t had the best set. I have never seen a member so determined to watch every single person ski on the team (especially considering the 40+ roster UW-Madison would bring). He is always looking to help others improve and learn more about the sport, and a sponge in regard to learning himself. Devin will be an amazing captain next season and I am excited to see how he improves in his own personal skiing ability.

Anna PriorAnna Prior
    Participant

Gerard “gerry” Polli- OSU!!

I don’t even know where to begin with gerry. For those of you who know him, Ger is the heart and soul of every group, including OSU’s team. Our team dynamic would not be the same without Gerry’s compassionate, sweet, supportive attitude. I felt a huge shift in OSU’s spirit and camaraderie this season, and i attribute that all to Gerry! When it comes to supporting skiers, it doesn’t get better than Gerry. He is on the dock for every skier, and the one leading the pack when it comes to sprinting down the shoreline. Gerry could also be nominated for hardest worker award, as he puts countless (literally countless) hours into organizing the team, getting us set with the school for tournaments and practices, and leading meetings as president of the team. Despite not being an A team member (yet!), he is the most looked-up to person on the team. His passion for the sport and the team shows in everything he does, and there is no one more deserving of this award.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 SkiAmmy’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.