Home Forums 2019 SkiAmmy’s Rookie Of The Year

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Sam Mills 13 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    olesaka
    olesaka
    Keymaster

Which freshman made the biggest impact on their team this year in the MCWSA? Maybe they put up big scores, or brought in some new talent!

Be sure to tell us why you think your nomination should be selected!

maggiepeps
    Participant

Erik O’Keefe @ Purdue

Evan Monaghan
    Participant

I nominate Matthew Duncan, Ohio State.

Coming in as someone who had never seen 3 event skiing, Matt made an instant difference. I doubt there are many people out there that can say they went from never seeing a jump ramp, to singling 82 feet in under two months. Matt also picked up slalom and has tournament scores as high as 3 buoys at 34 mph.

Anjelica Werning
    Participant

Joey Neubaum- WMU
    You know how it is kind of difficult to find people who want to join the waterski team, let alone send their body off a 5 ft ramp? After our first new member meeting, Joey walks up to me and simply says, “okay, where can I pay my dues?” Ever since his first meeting, Joey was always there. Despite our challenges this season, Joey skied as much as he could, came to all the tournaments, and always was there to cheer people on, and ended the season with a 43 foot PB in jump!

Devin Reeves
    Participant

Sage Stickley from Ohio State came in with little previous water ski experience and quickly proved that she had the courage, dedication, and athleticism to be an incredible jumper. She was our fifth round jumper even at the beginning of the season, despite competing for the spot against skiers with twice as much experience. When our team needed another trick skier, Sage picked it up almost as quickly as she learned to jump. Even when she was injured, she never faltered and performed at incredible levels.

Sam Mills
    Participant

Joey Neubaum- WMU
    Joe came into this season as someone who brings the entertainment and the energy. He is someone who always breaks the ice to everyone conversations (and once you start one about waterskiing, good luck getting out of it). All joe wanted to do was learn more and more about jumping. He was always the last one to go to bed, and the first one up without losing any excitement throughout the weekend. Joe is someone who always knows how to put a smile on your face no matter the situation. His fearlessness on the ramp is what makes him the rookie of year with his amazing performance as he grasp jumping like he was born to do it. Joe was our most consistent rookie jumper and definitely the most supportive!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.