Home Forums 2021 SkiAmmy’s Best Team Captain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AndyAndy
    Keymaster

Keeping each team active and running properly takes a tremendous amount of effort from team captains. The paperwork, organization, and drama can be overwhelming.

What team captain has done an amazing job of helping grow their team and push them to success this past year?

Mandy LawsonMandy Lawson
    Participant

Allison Hinricks,

I came from the Missouri State waterski team this semester. Allie has been hands down the most welcoming person making sure I felt included in all of the events. She works hard and is very deserving of this award because of her true care and solid judgment. She pushes all of our teammates to be better and get out of their comfort zone.

Allie KutschAllie Kutsch
    Participant

I nominate Laney Peterson for best team captain. The UW-LaCrosse team had many team members graduate last semester (2021) so there was a lot of concern on having a big enough team at the beginning of the season. I watched Laney recruit for months, get the new members excited about 3-event skiing, and organize the tournaments for her team. She was able to coordinate practices for the team members, keep the trips affordable with her massive fundraising, and made sure everyone had a good time. During the hiccups that occurred, just one example being missing bibs at Nationals, Laney remained calm and figured out a solution for the team. Laney went above and beyond this past season for LaCrosse and I’m so excited to see what she does for the team next year.

Rachel EvangelistaRachel Evangelista
    Participant

I nominate Anjelica Werning for best team captain. Anj is the most bubbly inclusive person you may ever meet. She creates such a positive atmosphere anywhere she goes. Our team is so lucky to have this girl as a leader. This past season Anj unfortunately could not compete due to an ACL injury. For those that know her, you know that she eats, sleeps, and breathes waterskiing. So you could only imagine what it must have felt like to not be in the water herself. Even with her setback, the support she gave to our team did not waiver. Anj was still the loudest one cheering on the dock with a smile on her face the entire time. She is the truest competitor there is and the best team captain I could ask for.

Anna PriorAnna Prior
    Participant

Cate Ziegler- OSU

Cate is our QUEEN of a Women’s captain. This was her first year on the exec board, and she absolutely blew it out of the park. Also could be a candidate for the most supportive skier award, this girl is such a joy to have on the dock. She cheers loudly, has so much OSU spirit, and is always there to cheer you up and put a smile on your face when you don’t ski as well as you wanted to. Our team really grew this year in the Spirit category, and cate was one of the driving forces in that. Cate really leads by example, spending hours and hours at the lake every week coaching, as well as working hard to improve her boat driving skills. Cate, along with Scalm, worked meticulously every week to get the team registered and make sure eligibility letters were in order, which OSU loves to make impossibly hard. Cate is an all around great leader and captain, and i am so excited for her to have one more season!

Henry Van FaussienHenry Van Faussien
    Participant

Drew Phelan is Midwest Conference’s Best Captain. As far as on the water success, as Men’s Captain, Drew developed and revitalized the water skiing prestige at Michigan State University, countless hours on the river training, encouraging competition amongst skiers, and he’s always good for a pep talk on the dock. Under his leadership the Michigan State Men’s Team was competing for top positions in every discipline consistently. Off the water, Drew is at the forefront of all social occasions. Congenial personality is an understatement for someone like Drew, he has cultivated a welcoming environment for newer skiers but also is well known in the Conference, officials and skiers alike, people know Drew Phelan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 SkiAmmy’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.